Producer / Agent Wanted for Small Business Specialized Independent Insurance Agency & Brokerage
• Work-Life Balance •
Being an independent insurance producer requires tremendous knowledge, professionalism and attention to detail... And a lot of hard work.
Orange Insurance & Bonding is a full service (P&C, L&D/H) Seattle based virtual independent insurance agency and brokerage licensed in 14
States (WA, OR, ID, CA, UT, AK, MI, OH, FL, SC, VA, NM, AZ & TX). We specialize in small business, start-ups, new business ventures, contractors and tradesman. We work direct with over 200 major insurance carriers as well as general agencies and other brokerages.
We are looking for an extremely ambitious and hardworking, experienced insurance producer, preferably licensed in both P&C and L&D/H (P&C is mandatory). You will need to start bringing in business immediately. We are extremely forward thinking and quickly embrace new technology as it comes along, enhancing our goal to become an agency/brokerage dedicated to changing the face of traditional insurance. We are not looking for part-time; we are in need of a full-
time producer who wants to make this a career, not just a job.
To be considered for the position, please read the posting in its entirety and respond with:
- A well formatted email introducing yourself (consider it a sales email)
- Copy of your license(s)
- Copy of your E&O Dec. page (if you do not have E&O, you will need it, and we can help to get it in place for you)
- Any book roll notes (if applicable)
- Without the above considerations, or an explanation of omission, your submission will be deleted without review
- First year potential is around $50,000-75,000 if you work hard
- Commission draw of $2,000/month with full salary potential after 6 months**
- Commissions for new business: 50%, 60% & 75%
- Commissions for renewal business: 40%
- Monthly Bonuses*
- Company Profit Sharing*
- Health Insurance Stipend*
- SEP IRA(+)*
- Training & Webinars
* TBD and available after a certain time with the company.
** This is not a 'blind' draw, so you would have to have business in the pipeline in order to draw from it.
(+) Simplified Employee Pension Individual Retirement Account.
This position offers flexibility with your hours and we encourage a work-life balance... There are no set hours and you will be working alone, out in the field, 90% of the time. We are virtual brokerage, so there is no central office with dedicated desks. Any desktop work will be done wherever you prefer to work; your home office, coffee shop, work space, etc. The owner works from his home office, so any company meetings will be based at his residence or another location chosen as needed.
You should be honest (there will be a background check), reliable, personable, well-mannered, well-groomed, outgoing, sales driven, able to multi-task, and have a strong work ethic since you will be working on your own most of the time. Other assets we consider a priority; having an attention to detail, a high level of organizational ability, computer skills and excellent knowledge of applied systems (Comparative Raters, Word, Excel, Email, Acrobat & DocuSign). If you are bi-lingual, that will be a plus for you, sales-wise.
You just sell and we will handle everything else
. We know a lot of salespeople don’t want to run a business and we know what it takes to run an agency – it’s a lot of daunting hard work with expenses galore. So we have set up the brokerage to handle all of the behind the scenes chaos including accounting, carrier payments, return premiums, financing, unearned commissions, annual and monthly carrier fees, business cards, marketing materials, brochures, websites, social presence and email. Since we’re small and nimble, commissions can be paid out to you almost as soon as they come in from the carriers.
Commission (New Business):
Commission (Renewal Business):
- 60% commission if more than $50,000 in premium written per month.
- 50% commission if less than $50,000 in premium written per month.
- 75% commission during our monthly Bind Bonus Challenges for specific lines bound in a given month.
- We retain all new business in house, except any prior book rolls you bring with you at the start of our contract.
- 40% commission as long as we're still working together.
- We retain all renewal business in house, except any prior book rolls you bring with you at the start of our contract.
- More than $60,000 in written premium per month, then $500 cash bonus per month that mark is exceeded.
- If 12 consecutive months at more than $60,000 in written premium per month, then eligible for a portion of 1% of company year end profit paid as a bonus to producer.
The markets that we have access to are almost limitless – whatever you can sell, we probably already have a carrier for – and if we don’t have one, we’ll get one!
A Sampling of Businesses We Work With:
Contractors, Tradesmen, Artisans, Roofers, Holiday Lighting (Installation & Takedown), Alarm & Monitoring, Lawyers, Accountants & Financing, Engineers, Non-Profits, Human & Social Services, Theaters, Schools, Tattoo Parlors, Farming, Retail, Manufacturing, Trucking & Transportation, Restaurants, Bars & Taverns, Pilots & FBO's (Fixed Base Operations), Parades, Fast Food, Caterers, Hotel, Pedicabs, Circus, Petting Zoo, Camps, Sports & Fitness, Day Care and more… Any business you can think of, we can insure.
Business / Commercial Coverage:
CGL (Commercial General Liability), Surety Bonds (Contract, Judicial, +), BOP (Business Owner's Policy), BPP (Building & Personal Property), CPP (Commercial Package Policy), B&M (Boiler & Mechanical), Equipment Breakdown, E&O (Errors & Omissions), D&O (Directors & Officers), EPL (Employment Practices Liability), Crime (Employee, TDD, Burglary, Robbery), K&R (Kidnap & Ransom), Umbrella & Excess, Business Interruption (Income & Extra Expense), Floaters (Bailee, Equipment, Block, +), BAP (Auto, Garage, Carrier), Marine (Ocean & Inland), Farm & Crop, MMD, Boat, Yacht & Watercraft, Aviation, Earthquake, Flood, Events, Concerts, Weather, Prize Indemnity (Hole-In-One contest, Etc.), Umbrella.
Homeowners, Auto, Umbrella, Dwelling, Renters, Floaters (Effects & Articles), Auto & Motorcycle (Including SR-22), Boat, Yacht & Watercraft, Aviation, Wedding, Earthquake, Flood, Pets, Technology; iPhone & Android Phones, iPod, iPad, PSP, Laptop, TV, Camera, Kindle.
Life & Health:
Personal Coverage: Individual Health & Disability, Limited Health & Disability, Accident (Travel & Blanket), Sickness (Disease & Critical Illness), AD&D (Accidental Death & Dismemberment), Medicare Supplement (Medigap), LTC (Long-Term Care), Disability Income, Dental, Vision, Term Life, Whole Life, Multiple Indemnity, Fixed Annuities. Business Coverage: Group Health & Disability, Limited Health & Disability, Accident (Travel & Blanket), Sickness (Disease & Critical Illness), AD&D (Accidental Death & Dismemberment), Business Disability Income.